Monday 9 June 2008

Extending Accessibility to Mobile Devices

Hello There!

My name is Tiago Guerreiro and I am a PhD student at the Technical Superior Institute, TU Lisbon in Portugal as well as a researcher at INESC-ID, at the Visualization and Intelligent Multimodal Interfaces Group (VIMMI), under the supervision of Prof. Joaquim Jorge.

My research interests are on Accessibility, Usability and Multimodal Interfaces but particularly on the aspects of Usability and Accessibility to Mobile Devices. At my research group (VIMMI) I am able to lead projects on mobile accessibility. We have already accomplished some good results with blind and tetraplegic persons making it possible and easier for those users to operate a mobile device and through it, control other devices.

In this blog I will regularly present our results as well as relevant innovations on accessibility and assistive technologies and, once again, particularly on mobile accessibility.

Feel free to regularly check for news and comment my posts.

No comments: